Just a few points on items that were discussed and agreed on last Thursday 's conference call.
- Billy Finn (Gothenburg GAA)
- Joe Whelan (Malmo GAA)
- Donie O Brien (Oslo GAA)
- Philip O Connor (Stockholm GAA)
The following hosts/dates/venues were provisionally agreed for the 2011 Scandinavian Championship
- Round 1 -May 28th - Gothenburg (If Gothenburg cannot hold for whatever reason due: pitch unavailability etc.. the round will pass over to Oslo for the same date)
- Round 2 -June 25th - Malmo (Copenhagen will be the sole bidder from the Nordics to host a Pan-Euro. If unsuccessful, Malmo are open to let Copenhagen host the 2nd round)
- Round 3 -August 20th - Stockholm
New tournament dates for Pan Euro rounds have been changed to the following
- Round 1 July 30th (was Sept 10th)
- Round 2 Sept 10th (was Oct 8th)
- Round 3 October 8th (was Nov 5th)
It is the intention of the Viking Gaels to attend one round of the Hurling Championship this year. To which one has yet to be decided but it will probably be the round in July. Venue and location to be decided shortly by ECB.
Phil O'Connor from Stockholm has come forward with the possibility that there may be a sponsor for the 2011 Scandinavian Championship. Philip will update with news shortly.
Participation in this competition will be discussed at a later date. No decision taken as of yet
Looking forward to a great 2011 season here in the Nordics
Is mise le meas
Gothenburg GAA Club