Sunday, June 29, 2014

Nordic Football Championship dates 2014 ( Mens and Ladies )

Hello and Happy New Year to you all !!
I hope I find you all well and I'm sure we are all looking forward to another season of GAA in the Nordics.
As per the ECB conference call which I attended last night , the following are the suggested dates
on which to hold this years championship rounds.These are not fixed but due to the congested nature of the fixture list , we dont have much room for change .

10 May
14 Jun
23 August

As per the previous round robin procedure , the hosts are given their turn every year.
This years hosts will be Oslo ,Stockholm or Helsinki ,Malmo or Copenhagen.Of course with new clubs coming on board, this can also be discussed in an open forum if clubs do or do not wish to host .
Perhaps a conference call can be arranged ( via Skype or Lync ) so that these dates and venues can be arranged .ECB hope to confirm master fixture list by end of February so maybe a call with all clubs should take place in in the next two weeks? I can arrange ..

thanks and regards
PS Joe , any word on other start-up Swedish or Nordic clubs which may want to take part ?

Billy Finn

3 comments:

  1. It probably looks like Moscow being included in our region, but as they are so remote they may just try to unofficially attend tournaments that are easiest/cheapest to attend whether they be Nordic or Central/East. I'll find out more from our man in Moscow in the coming days.

    Helsingborg Aussie Rules Ladies have tried their hand at the round ball so there could be the makings of a club there.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billy,

    Many Happy Returns. Hope all is well over your way!

    I can't see a problem with those dates from our end but I'll send them around to check. I suggest a rethink of the rotation given the addition of Oulu and Helsinki to the championship. There are now 8 teams in the c'ship so there are a couple of rotation alternatives that could be looked at. Which clubs are interested in hosting this year?

    Perhaps we can arrange a call for next week to finalise dates and venues? How does Thursday 16th Jan at 20.00 CET suit people?

    There is CCC call next Tuesday to discuss fixtures for the year. Regarding the CCC position for the region also, I wasn't able to dedicate much time to it last year. The only thing I did really was the draws before the tournaments and ensuring everyone had a copy of the rules. Fortunately, the great work Billy and Joe have being doing at the ECB has kept the Nordic interests on the agenda at the ECB. I am willing to continue this year aswell but again I don't think I'll be able to commit too much time to it. If there is anyone else that is willing to commit you are more than welcome!

    Best regards,
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understood Colin, you've your hands full these days!!!
    I may actually have a lad for CCC, he's GAA mad but not a member of any club as he lives in the back arse of nowhere. I might mention it to him if he's interested?

    Billy you know him....Phil O'Toole, he lives in the parish of Påskallavik (upper as he says himself) outside Oskarshamn.

    Let me know what ye think

    ReplyDelete